CALL FOR PROPOSALS: STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION
DESIGN BRIEF: CEREMONIAL MACE FOR SHERIDAN
Submit a design proposal for a mace for Sheridan for use at convocation and other ceremonial events.
Some examples from other institutions include:
Goals and objectives
Design to communicate Sheridan’s identity and include a brief explanation of how It does so. Sources of research for designers could include but are not limited to Sheridan’s Academic, People, and Operational Plans, and Faculty and Departmental Plans, as well as Our Brand website.
Design to be produced at Sheridan using our workshops and facilities, including but not limited to FAAD workshops and studios, CAMDT, and STC. Production plan to include student and/or faculty participation.
Design to be implemented for Fall Convocation (October 16-17, 2018); proposals should address ability to meet this timeline.
Proposals should include:
- Designers’ names and affiliation (student, faculty, staff; Faculty & department; student year and program, where applicable). Important Note: Individual Sheridan students or combined Sheridan student and employee groups are eligible to participate; combined student/employee teams should be comprised of at least 50% student members.
- Sketch or mock-up of design idea, including dimensions
- Brief (max 350 word) explanation of symbolism and connection to Sheridan
- Description of materials and prospective production schedule, with details about Sheridan facilities/workshops/studios needed to produce, with as much fabrication detail as possible fabrication detail as possible
- Estimated budget and timeline for completion
Proposals Due: Thursday, September 20, 2018 at midnight.
Please submit any questions as well as final proposals (a link to a file-sharing service for large documents) to email@example.com.